Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pray for rocks

People ask me often, what do you need prayer for? and a lot of times it simply are the things that usually I struggle with on a day to day basis. Like trusting God fully with everything, waiting on God, and sometimes I just need people to ask God to allow me to have patience with everything and for everybody.
But today, I need prayer that (and I know this will sound random) but I need prayer that God would send rocks. I told ya....random.....but I really feel like the girls at Eden House need a place where they can go and seek after God's face. A quiet oasis where they can actually spend time alone with their Maker. Growing up with 30 plus girls does not always ensure a time where they can reflect and spend 'alone' time with God. So creating this space or Garden of Eden would provide the opportunity for that. After brainstorming, we think having a fire pit, with maybe some stadium type seating, and some Thai style lounge seats would be awesome. When looking at what we would need, it's a bunch of rocks for the fire pit and mural patio flooring. Also we would need bamboo, but being in Thailand bamboo is everywhere, so that won't be a problem. 
Honestly this is something I feel like God would smile over, so when you pray, pray that He would send rocks. As simple and random as that may sound, that is what we need. We serve a Big God that takes simple things and makes them great. A little garden doesn't seem like much but when it promotes depth and yearning for their Maker, it means a lot for the Kingdom. So when you pray today....pray for rocks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment