Friday, September 24, 2010

Heart Break

This thought has been floating through my head lately and I must get it out there because I think its important. So here it goes........King David in the Bible has been known for being a man after God's own heart. Now this has always intrigued me simply because how can a human actually know and fathom the intricate makings of a Holy God? But then I realized something that I had missed before. Why is that when we hear something on the news that we don't like we simply turn it to another channel? Why is it that when we see someone on the side of the street, we try to act like we don't see them? Why is it that when someone is gossiping and degrading another we walk away and decide to not get involved? I believe that in order to be a woman or man after God's heart, is to look these things and situations with open eyes. We need to stop living life with closed eyes because God sees these things and hurts. And part of learning and becoming someone after God's own heart, is not trying to act like they are not there. It is your heart hurting for people who think its in their best interest to strap a bomb to their chest for the glory of their god. Its to cry out for those who can't help, feed, or shelter themselves. Why are we closing our eyes to these things? Seeing them and having your heart break is part of learning how to follow after God's own heart. So I challenge you to stop protecting your heart...let it be open and willing to break for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment