Monday, October 4, 2010

Surrender-Obedience

Throughout these past months God has really been emphasizing this idea of surrender in my life. Now, to be completely honest...I am not good at surrendering anything. I hate to give up, I won't quit, and most of the time its more comfortable for me if I'm in control, and these are just the highlights. But for the most part surrendering my life is a hard concept for me to come face to face with. In saying all this, trying to figure out what God wants for my life becomes difficult, because I want to do what He wants, but sometimes I feel like I'm doing what I want. And then to make matters more confusing there is the part of actually figuring out what He wants for our lives.  I feel like a lot of Christians are wandering around praying that God will show them what to do. We ask God to reveal His plans in our lives, and the majority of our time is spent living passively because we were afraid we aren't going to be in His will. I have learned that if you are truly wanting and seeking after the heart of God, and you are in tune with His spirit, then just listen. Listen and open your eyes to the answers He has already given. Most of the time we already know what door we should walk through...its just the walking part we haven't done yet. We should be living active lives as followers of Christ but instead we settle for praying about what God has already shown us to do. I'm tired of being passive and watching the world not look at us any differently. Do not be afraid of walking through the door that God has told you to adventure through. You might have to go through on your own, it might not be what you expected, it could cost you friendships and respect, but being in the place where Christ wants you to be has unexplainable peace about it.  Surrender can be hard because of how we are, but when it has been given, then transformation can occur and the world will no longer look at us the same. We are the only Christ they will ever see.....and that can only happen through surrender.

No comments:

Post a Comment