Friday, January 21, 2011

Home?

It’s a strange and provoking thought that Asia will be my home for the next four months. Today we walked around Puket trying to not let jet lag get the best of us, when I was bombarded with this simple thought. Where and what is home? We could go with the all time famous phrase, home is where the heart is.  And in this case…I think it might be true. My heart has been captured by Thailand, so yes home is where the heart is. Or we could go with the simplicity of home is where the people you love are, and in this case I am beginning to fall in love with these Buddhist bonded Thais…but then again there are many people I love back in the States. So where and what is home? This is what I think….if we focus on eternity we can easily see where home is and what it looks like. I love and miss my family and friends, but then again I have been given a love for these people that I cannot describe. Is that wrong? I believe if home is eternity than…no. Home is where the heart is, and our hearts should be set on His Kingdom. Our lives are too short to be bound to something so superficial. Home should be everywhere, because spreading the Gospel should be our life song. So don’t be afraid to do something crazy…like live in a foreign country for four months. Go out on that limb, take the plunge, walk into darkness, and see what God will do when total surrender is given.

No comments:

Post a Comment