Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Power

Something that has come to my attention recently is that we have power as Christians. In America we just get used to doing the Christian thing that we forget everything that comes with being a Christ follower. We go to church on Sunday, we eat the fellowship dinner every Wednesday night, we might feed the homeless every other Saturday, but we are missing it all. Being associated with Christ means much more than just doing all these churchy things. I think we forget what that song portrays wonderfully, and it's this......the same power that conquered the grave lives in me! We have the authority to cast out evil and bring light into dark places. So why aren't we living as if this power resides in us? Because we like comfort, because living a life as if we could do those things, means that we would actually have to go shed light in dark places and cast out evil. We are powerful and the realization of that could change the world. If as Christians we decided to live life with the acknowledgment of the power Christ gave us, I wonder what would happen? Being in a world where you don't speak the language, you are the minority, and everywhere you go you see the bondage that Buddha has on this place; you begin to feel very small. You let your mind begin to ask questions like, What really can I do? I'm just one person, how can I make a difference? But then I'm brought back to that freeing and yet meaningful statement.....the same power that conquered the grave lives in me! Declare it this day that you have power in Christ. Live it this day that you have power in Christ, and then see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment