Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Intentional Lives

It's funny how we go through life not listening to the whispers of God but when He speaks through big things like natural disasters....we all perk up and start paying attention.  Why do we do this as humans? We stumble through life not knowing where to go....passing by burning bushes....but then a natural disaster happens......and we think oh now is the time. One thing I have learned from all of this is that even though the Burmese people as of right now are dying because wells are busted....they were dying before the Earthquake, spiritually, everyday they didn't hear or get shown the love of Christ. I have been given this desire to be a voice for the voiceless and these people need to be heard. These Burmese people are crying out and no one is hearing them. It shouldn't have taken being in the epicenter of a 7.0 Earthquake for me to realize this. So why did it take me this long to understand that we must live intentional lives? When the building was shaking uncontrollably and people were scared all around us in the middle of the street, it was as if God was saying....I want you to be unshakable. There are people around you, looking for answers......and you have it. I don't expect perfection but I want you to be unshakable. At first my response was, "I'm scared, and small, and I want to.....but I'm scared." And then I realized something new about God's character and it was this: God is bigger and intentional with the way He does things....so why am I not the same? God doesn't want us to float around and then when something big happens pitch in and think this is our calling. No, our calling is the mother in the grocery store who needs a word of encouragement, the family member that needs a prayer warrior to lift them up. We need to start living intentional lives, because everything Christ did was intentional, He didn't wait for natural disasters to get up and act. We need to transform into a generation that is unshakable for His name. Before I started this trip...I was asked what I wanted to walk away with from this trip. And I responded with, "I want to know more of God's character, and I want to come back changed, and however that has to happen, I'm not going back without it." And I will say that I never would have thought that it would take a 7.0 Earthquake for me to learn this, but I did. God is continuing to reveal new things and pieces of Himself to me, and steps are being taken ahead of me. God is good....so good......and my heart is His.

No comments:

Post a Comment