Sunday, August 29, 2010

Living in Today

I think it's funny how people write these blogs expressing their views and using it as an outpost of never ending ramblings...but in saying that, here is just (another) ramble.  Like I said earlier, I have been learning many new things lately, probably things that I was supposed to learn the first time round but for some reason it never really stuck.  But among many other things I have realized that we spend so much time regretting the past and worrying about the future that we forget that we are in the present.  Yes, there are going to be things we regret or wish we could have done differently, but dwelling on those things is not a smart move. It keeps us from being in the present.  For some reason I don't really have a problem with this one, I guess because I was brought up to just make a decision and keep moving forward.  Whatever the outcome you can't change what you decided so just keep moving on.  Now on the other hand, the worrying about the future, gets me.  I find myself planning and going over things in my head and just aiding to this awful mind capturing monster, called Worry.  If you think about it by regretting the past and worrying about the future, we are crippling ourselves when it comes to living for today.  Every moment is precious and God given, and regretting and worrying takes that preciousness away.  Christ does not want us to be a slave to these time consuming things.  Everything happens for a reason, God will send His provision, and so worrying and regretting should not be a part of our lives.   

No comments:

Post a Comment