Monday, August 30, 2010

Thoughts from inside a stall

Funny thing happened today....I was sitting in a stall of a bathroom, yeah I know what you're thinking..oh it's going to be one of those stories, but just keep reading. Well it all started when we took a trip up to Asheville for the day. I love Asheville and pretty much anything is possible in Asheville. So we went to the Mellow Mushroom, which is the best out of all the chains, if you ask me. And I ordered me some pizza. Well being extremely tired this morning I had drank a lot of coffee....so I had to go to the restroom. It had been one of those nights that you don't sleep, toss and turn, and think about everything possible in the Universe. My head and emotions were all jumbled up into a big mess of a knot, on top of getting no sleep and drinking a lot of coffee. Well I go into the stall, sit down, and start to zone into this weird state of being there but once again worrying about the future. When all of a sudden I look up and see the words, "Let it be". A simple three word phrase brought me back to where I am. Those small words mean so much, and are packed with so much insight and meaning. There I found myself, in the stall at Mellow Mushroom, humbled with the fact that my God has placed me where I am, (not physically-as in this stall) but involving my life, so I need to just ....."Let it be".  We need to stop trying to fix where we are...and just let God be who He is. God cannot fit into the little boxes we make for Him, He is much bigger. Stop making your own agenda, He already has one for you. God has worked together and planned everything out, so the worrying can stop. With all this said only Asheville, another lesson learned, and another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment