Wednesday, February 23, 2011

One Question Changes Everything

Back to Bangla Road we go....pushing yet graciously plowing our way through the fields of hopeless people. I wanted to believe that tonight was different, I wanted to believe that God would open the skies and rain down His grace on these people who desperately are searching for it. Yet as I'm walking, there is a heaviness and a strong hold that we are doing nothing. This black fog of doubting my effectiveness has clouded my thinking. So we arrive at our first bar, and are greeted with smiles that begin to clear the haziness. My first initial thought was.....they remembered us. More fog cleared out.
The first time we visited this bar...it seemed as if the girls could smell the difference we brought into their bar. They would not leave our table. My partner and I were trying to think of more questions to ask.....because we had asked them all, and they had eagerly answered them all. Customers would come in and they still wouldn't leave our table. Out of questions, I looked at one of the girls, and asked, "If you could travel anywhere in the world, if you could see any place, or any wonder, where would you go?" She looked down at the dirt floor and whispered, "My village." A simple answer that surprised and almost brought me to tears. She was so honest and yet her answer was filled with so much regret that my heart stung. She went on to explain that she had been away from her home for 2 years, and that she sends the money she makes in the bar, back home to her family in her village. I have been praying that God would use me and break my heart for these women....and He had with that simple answer. We said our good byes, and returned to that same bar last night. I was excited to talk with my new found friend, and when we were greeted with smiles....I knew our last visit was not in vain. I began looking for my friend but she was no where to be found. I ended up asking another girl where she was and she responded with, "Oh she took 3 days off to go up to her village." At first this went right over my head, and I was sad that I didn't get to talk with her, but as I was sitting there thinking....it all hit me. What if she went to see her village and family because of something I said? Was she inspired by me asking that question? And then it was as if God was saying.... I am using you. You are effective. I can use even something you think is so off the wall to bring My kingdom. Your words are effective. They do sense My presence in you when you walk through the door.
Inspiration can come from anything and words are an effective tool to bring it about.  I was reminded last night that God uses the small things that you may not even think are important to bring about His plan. Without them the master piece would not be complete, so go out with no regrets. Your words are powerful so act as if they are. Fill the people you are around with light and truth today. Let the people around you smell the fragrance of God dripping off you. I won't ever know if that is why my friend went up to see her family but I know that I have learned that God will use anything and everything to bring about His glory. God's Kingdom will come regardless, so we can be a part of this amazing journey or we can be filled with regrets of wasting the day. After we left that bar..the black fog was gone and hope was pouring out of every pore of my body. Hope is still there and God still reigns.

No comments:

Post a Comment