Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Unexplainable Peace

Being here with these girls...Ive learned many things....perseverance, patience, hopefulness, but today I am comforted by peace. Peace that I can't describe in words because honestly it doesn't make sense. It doesn't make sense to be overflowing with peace that comforts all my negative thoughts and complaints. But today I was hit in the face with the fact that I am learning....I still am changing. My greatest fear was that I would become stagnant and stop growing and learning what God wants. But it seems to be quiet the opposite. Through the sweat, mosquitoes, and simplicity of this place...I am beginning to see how God is working in me. He is beginning to show me who He wants me to be beyond surface level. It's not about this place.....like I thought it was. It's about taking everything I'm learning back to the place I'm going. Yeah.....it's easy reading the word daily.....when there is nothing to do during the day. It's easy to reflect how God is working when it's incorporated into your daily schedule. But what will happen when I return? And that's just it......I'm taking it back with me. Everything Ive learned thus far....will get on that plane with me back to America. It doesn't stop here. So I can have peace that I won't grow stagnant and that God is still working...and that everything thus far was not just be accident or by chance. Your words carry power....so I declare....it doesn't stop here! I will not grow stagnant! I have peace because I will become who Christ wants.....even if it involves an air conditioned suburb house or sweat and lice.....I will become who Christ wants!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE THIS! so encouraging! Thanks for yet, another AWESOME reminder!

    ReplyDelete